I just got a new MacBook Pro and it is the best machine I have ever used. So much have been discussed about how good the new MacBook Pro is so I am not going to write about it. I would rather want to write about the applications I am using on this new MacBook Pro. I am came from Windows background and it was a journey for me to find replacement of what I had in Windows environment. Following list is targeted to similar people who are beginner in MacBook environment.
- Google Chrome Browser
- Office 2016 for Mac
- Slack and Skype
- Cloud Storages such as Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive
- Microsoft Desktop to connect to my PC based devices
- I also uses Skype for Business
- Evernote, I am always confused between Evernote and OneNote but could not decide which one to use. I am using Evernote for one simple reason, it is simpler than OneNote. Also my office’s group policies does not allow syncing to personal account.
- DaisyDisk, I have been using Spacemonder on Windows PC for years. All my machines has a copy of the Spacemonder. I was trying to find an alternative for the Mac and came across DaisyDisk. This cost $10 but it worth each penny. Highly recommended.